URGENT - choose a pair of floor standing speakers for a Marantz M-CR603

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear experts,as a fond of UK speakers, I am contacting you from France in order to get a suitable advise.My Marantz has arrived, so I am looking forward to link it to a brand new pair of speakers....but with my budget limitation of around 800 pounds.SO, after looking through all the good clearance/demo deals all over Europe I found (translated in GB pounds)a pair of Kef iq7se at 470 GBPa pair of iq70 at 660a pair of Q700 at 670a pair of iq90 at 790What do yo think? Several questions:is the Marantz capable to drive a "large" configuration as iq90 or better stay at iq70/iq7? is the 190 pounds difference between iq7se and iq70 worth?Is it better Q700 or iq70 (practically same price)...or better spend more for the iq90?Please let me know...my offer for the iq90 ends TOMORROW!Thanks in advancePierre

A

Anonymous

I'll take the Q700 out them you have listed.

I was in you place few days ago, and I did go for Mission 794SE, because my wife want gloss design instead of old fashioned wood design :D

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I am getting superb results with the M-CR603 and Rega R3 floorstanders.

The current version of these are the Rega RS3 speakers.

In the UK they cost £700.

They are very easy for the M-CR603 to drive (89 db @ 6 ohms).

A

Anonymous

Q Acoustics. Greaty underrated speakers, and capable of matching the best electronics.

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
I am getting superb results with the M-CR603 and Rega R3 floorstanders.

The current version of these are the Rega RS3 speakers.

In the UK they cost £700.

They are very easy for the M-CR603 to drive (89 db @ 6 ohms).

The Rega's looks really good :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Another vote for Rega (I used to own IQ9 which is similar to IQ90).

Failing that, probably Q700 as it's the new model.

IQ90 looks expensive for model not made now.

A

Anonymous

The Rega RS3's would be great but they wont have the same clout/bass depth as the KEF's that you've considered

What about the likes of some Monitor Audio BX5's or RX6's; B&W 684's, Acoustic Energy AE Neo 3 V2's etc...

All superb speakers; less than your budget and the Marantz should drive them fairly well :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts