urgent advice please., floorstanders for marantz mcr603?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
apologies for my impatience as reposting not getting a response yet. would truely appreciate your kind advice.newbie so unaware how long one should wait.

Hi All,

fairly eclectic with my music ranging western and indian classical music, jazzvocal instrumental)south asian (indian music) with much vocals, world fusion, pink floyd, simon garfunkel .

Want a set of good floorstanders for MARANTZ MCR603 .

was originaly intending to buy separates but liked the marantz with its options.

current consideration kef q 500/700 , morduant short aviano 6. open to any other suggestions

room size average living room . currently renting..can get bigger or smaller in future.

A

Anonymous

Monitor Audio RX6

Monitor Audio BX5

Spendor A3

Spendor A5

Rega RS3

Rega RS5

etc, etc.

A

Anonymous

thanks mate. long list to ponder. rx 6 i shall try. kef q 700 wd be too much for it in an average room? was considering that.any advice frm someone who has tried them?

also what cables to go for?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I've never heard any of the listed speakers so cannot comment.

However, when I demoed my M-CR603 I tried some Mission MX3 and MX5 speakers. OK SQ wise (especially the MX5) but quite frankly they were too ugly for my front room, and in the case of the MX5 just too big for my room. If you can get over the looks they are worth a demo at least.

Also tried a pair of B & W 684's. Again, sounded good to me but just too big for my room.

Finally demoed the Epos M22i's. I'd already heard these a year or two before in another demo and was very impressed, but went with standmounters at the time. This time though I had gone in to demo them almost decided already in my mind that if they sounded good with the M-CR603 then they would be the ones for me. A medium sized floorstander, about the same height as the B&W 684's but narrower and less deep, and would not stand out as much in my room. A beautiful Cherry finish and with an unobtrusive plinth they look great. More importantly they sounded fantastic. A beautiful detailed sound with nice tight (but not overpowering) bass that were driven easily by the Marantz. As they were ex demo and had a couple of very small marks at the rear of the speakers I got a really good deal and opted for them.

At your price range there is so much choice and great products you probably wouldn't go wrong with any of the speakers you've mentioned but you must try them out first. If I'd not gone for the Epos I was going across the road to another dealer to try the Marantz with some MA BX5 & BX6 which I believe are another great match.

Happy looking.

A

Anonymous

The MX3 by mission are a very well balanced sounding pair of speakers. They are good for long listening sessions and are not fatiguing. They are also very well made and in my opinion a far better build quality than the frankly dodgy looking Tannoy V4 Floorstanders. Yes the styling is not to everyone's taste, try to see the walnut version which you might prefer. They are also nicely compact at just over 800m tall they don't dominate the room. Also if at times you need to crank the volume up they don't distort and are capable of lovely deep bass. It's a whole hearted big thumbs up recommendation from me.

A

Anonymous

The M/A BX5's work superbly with my Marantz CR603

You need to demo though as the speakers sound different to other people

I would deffo shortlist speakers from the Monitor Audio, B&W, Epos, QUAD, Castle and PMC range (if they fit within your budget).

I'm not overly keen on the KEF speakers; sounded a little thin and uninviting when I heard the Q500's with the Marantz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts