upload photos - how?

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
how on earth do i upload photos? all i can see is a URL rather than browse for photos on my system......do i have to create an instagram profile first or something?

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
chebby said:

I used this as my original approach, however as i was using instagram, a lot of whats quoted in there doesnt seem to work (i.e. extracting the URL from right clicking on the hosted image). When i do extract the URL (the only option in instagram is to use the URL at the top of the page) and add .jpg to it, it simply doesnt work. Im guessing anyone who isnt on Flickr has exactly the same issues as me. I may create a Flickr account when i can be arsed, but at the mo', its just as easy for me not to bother with all the faff.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
philpot1001 said:
chebby said:

I used this as my original approach, however as i was using instagram, a lot of whats quoted in there doesnt seem to work (i.e. extracting the URL from right clicking on the hosted image). When i do extract the URL (the only option in instagram is to use the URL at the top of the page) and add .jpg to it, it simply doesnt work.
Why would you expect it to? You're taking a webpage address and adding .jpg to it, of course it won't work. You need the address of the image itself, not the page it's being delivered by. I don't use instagram on a pc but trying right-clicking the image and selecting copy image url or something like that.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
And you can not do it in IE or at least i can not have to use Chrome. I use Photobucket its much easier than Flickr has direct link, and yes its a pain in the arse.

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
philpot1001 said:
chebby said:

I used this as my original approach, however as i was using instagram, a lot of whats quoted in there doesnt seem to work (i.e. extracting the URL from right clicking on the hosted image). When i do extract the URL (the only option in instagram is to use the URL at the top of the page) and add .jpg to it, it simply doesnt work.
Why would you expect it to? You're taking a webpage address and adding .jpg to it, of course it won't work. You need the address of the image itself, not the page it's being delivered by. I don't use instagram on a pc but trying right-clicking the image and selecting copy image url or something like that.

a) Because instagram help says the only way to get the URL for the pic is by clicking on the pic and then using the address in the browser.....b) when you right click on the image in instagram you dont get an option for URL

and i genuinely have lost all interest in posting the pics. Faff doesnt come close, although its probably easier if you have Flickr by the sounds of things.

D

Deleted member 2457

We're all just joking of course, we wouldn't steal your gear unless you left your backdoor open.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts