Upgrading my speaker cables

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I was thinking of going for the odyssey 4, but my dealer steered me towards atlas hyper 2 (he stocked both). Having taken them on home demo I was very impressed and I went for them. Took a while to run-in, but they really are excellent and miles beyond the basic QED silver anniversary XTs or what have you.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Can you describe the sound of atlas cables? My system tends to go on the bright side when really pushed, could this cable tame it a bit?

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Very clean and pure treble, but if anything it has made the sound of my system fractionally brighter, so not sure it's the one to go for in order to tame treble. Then again quality vs quantity and all that.

But from what my dealer said of the Chord speaker cables they would be even worse of you're looking to tame aggressive treble - silver is probably not what you should be looking for. The Atlas are copper btw.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
gbhsi1:Can you describe the sound of atlas cables? My system tends to go on the bright side when really pushed, could this cable tame it a bit?

gbhsi1, is your TT bright too?

ÿ

A

Anonymous

If you want an excellent all round cable that will keep the demons away from the treble, go for Kimber 8TC. The Chord Odyssey is superb and possibly a bit more open and extended in the treble. The former is copper, the latter silver plated copper. Just for reference, the Rumor is very slightly smaller gauge than the Odyssey but is otherwise the same.

A

Anonymous

I have used both Kimber 8TC and Odyssey 4. Cyrus kit tends to be more on the forward side and Kimber 8TC results in a more pleasant listen than Ody 4.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
gbhsi1:Not always, it depends on the music- but can sound bright when really pushed if that makes sense.

I only ask as the CD93 is anything but bright. You really should consider changing your speakers or your amp rather than spending loads on fixes which really aren't guaranteed. Take your kit to a dealer and demo some, write off a couple of hundred quid and move on. I'm not being nasty here, but I think you need to do something as the system synergy doesn't seem to be there.

ÿ

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
The thing is- recently, there is alot of things that sound right. At the moment I am not willing to get rid of any part of my system just yet, so I am tweaking around it first. When I have some more cash, I will be bi-amping...that should take it to another level :) Eventually I will assess the speakers. For some reason I just don't want to get rid of them as they are so brilliant in many areas & I know I can get it right eventually!! persistence will pay off :)

Thanks for the advice though. I do listen to it.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
gbhsi1:The thing is- recently, there is alot of things that sound right. At the moment I am not willing to get rid of any part of my system just yet, so I am tweaking around it first. When I have some more cash, I will be bi-amping...that should take it to another level :) Eventually I will assess the speakers. For some reason I just don't want to get rid of them as they are so brilliant in many areas & I know I can get it right eventually!! persistence will pay off :)Thanks for the advice though. I do listen to it.

Hope so mate. What IC are you using. And I'm a big fan of biamping.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts