Upgrading from a Linn Classik

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, looking for some opinions. I'm looking to upgrade from my Linn Classik to a separate cd player pre/power combo. I'm considering a quad combo 99cdp/909 power and music fidelity xray v8/x-t100 combo. I'm looking for your opinions on these combinations hopefully from people who have actually heard them! Living in Wales there aren't many options for live demos without travelling great distances.

By the way my speakers are B&W 683's and listen to everything from Mahler to Metallica!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Personally, I'd go for the Musical Fidelities. The Quads might be a good combination for a purely classical diet, but the MFs will have a bit more slam with the rock music.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Andrew that the Quads aren't real party animals. I run that combo at home, however, because it's difficult to beat for midrange performance - if you love hearing the emotion in a singer's voice, for example (which I do), the Quads are peerless at the price.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the response. Also I'm using qed silver anniversary II in my current set up, what speaker cable ,and analogue interconnects for that matter, would you suggest for use with those combo's.

A

Anonymous

I am sure there is an option to add a power amp to a linn classik, which from what I have heard can transform the system.

maybe worthwhile for a first upgrade.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Lazaroonie, have you any suggestions for a power for this system?

TRENDING THREADS