Upgrading from a Cambridge Audio Azue 340a se.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Need some advice on upgrading my system, I currently have:

Cambridge Audio Azur 340 a se, Cambridge Audio S30 on decent stands with a hotaudio DACDESTROYER taking my music from Itunes to the amp. Cables include QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable and some QED interconnects.

My situation is that I am in a position to upgrade one of the components its just a matter of what to upgrade – I was considering a pair of Kef IQ3 stand mounts or I have the option to buy an old Arcam Alpha 9 amp, any advice on which would greatly improve the soundstage would be gratefully appreciated.

For those interested the HOTAUDIO DAC is an awesome bit of kit, tested it alongside an Marantz CD6000ise KI and it was more than a match.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Sevenoaks Sound & Vision in Brighton are knocking out brand new Arcam A70 amps on eBay for £350. Not bad for an over £500 amp. A 4 star winner at the original price.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Chris,

I see you have the A65+ how do you find it, I had an Alpha 9 many years ago and it was a sound that I really liked, partnered it with a pair of epos es11's and was a fantastic sounding system.

John Duncan

Actually last one went for £286 so I was robbed, clearly
emotion-5.gif
. Great amp if you have the patience to wait for one.

A

Anonymous

Will keep my eye on ebay for one, so you reckon it would be better to upgrade the amp rather that the speakers to start with?

A

Anonymous

I am actualy selling the Cambridge Audio 340aSE with a pair of Cambridge Audio S30 stand mount speakers for £150, bought last month from Richer Sounds with the receipt and with original boxes. I live in Leeds and can arrange delivery to anywhere in the uk.

Anyone interested can mail me at ford.andrew1@googlemail.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts