admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
woluld a marantz 6010 amp pair well with either B&W 685 or Monitor Audio silver RX1, Im currently using KEF Coda II but one of thems just given up the ghost!, I'm thinking of ordering a marantz cd6003 player to replace an old sony, does this sound like a good set up? does anyone think i need to upgrade the amp too? any advice would be greatly recived befor I start asking to audition at the shops. cheers

Not heard your amp, and going by the latest group test they say the MA are on the warm side of neutral. The only way of finding out is to audition. If possible, once you've decided on the 'ones', try and get a home dem. This system matching lark is more difficult (as I've been finding lately): It's more than just matching one product with another, you need to factor room acoustics, musical tastes, which ones are easier to place etc etc. The list is endless. That's the fun of hi-fi though.

Good luck.

newbee:woluld a marantz 6010 amp pair well with either B&W 685 or Monitor Audio silver RX1, Im currently using KEF Coda II but one of thems just given up the ghost!, I'm thinking of ordering a marantz cd6003 player to replace an old sony, does this sound like a good set up? does anyone think i need to upgrade the amp too? any advice would be greatly recived befor I start asking to audition at the shops.
cheers

Hi newbee

The PM6010 should work well with RX1's. If your budet allows then Dynaudio's DM 2/6 speakers are are worth a look.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you're trying the 685's and RX1's, then you really should be trying the KEF Q100's too. All quite different - I'm sure one of them will suit your tastes. The 6010 will be fine for any of these speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts