Upgrade Sony STR-DA2400ES?

Robin Fraser

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I currently have a Sony DA2400ES, which I've had for 4 years, in a 7.1 set up with B&W CM/CM1 centre and front speakers, 4 X B&W M1 as surround and back and ASW608 subwoofer. Sony BDP-S480 Blu-ray and Sony KDL40W4000 TV. I'm thinking of changing the receiver for the Sony STR-DN1040 which gets really good reviews but on looking at the spec for the two receivers, I'm not too sure if this will give me much of an upgrade in sound. I don't plan to upgrade TV to 4K in the near future, until price drops but wondered if anyone had any advice on whether the receiver change would give me any great benefits?

All advice welcome.

RobinF

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Can't really offer any comparison, but I have the 1040 and I also have a Denon 889 upstairs which is 4 years old. I paid the same money for both, but the Sony has the upper hand. It's very subtle and there may also be differences within the room acoustics, but ultimately I'm happy.

It also connects to my NAS which is an added bonus.

A home demo would be the best way to see if you're going to see any benefit, but I don't know whether that is possible

TRENDING THREADS