Upgrade Paths......

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
As mentioned in an earlier post, I am about to purchase a Cyrus 8Vs2 Amp and Cyrus CD8SE connected to a pair of Spendor A5 speakers.............

However never satisfied.....I was just wondering about future upgrade paths...........probably via the inclusion of psxr power supplies and maybe a power amp.......Although I was wondering whether I would receive any instant gains by opting for a Cyrus Pre Vs2 / 8 Power combo.

What would the immediate gains likely to be over opting for a pre/power combo rather an integrated 8Vs2. I seriously considered the new 8XPD integrated but just dont think I would reap the benefit for the monetary differance...which would now stand at £900.00 is the XPD really that good????

By my calculations I could get the Integrated amp set up for approximately £2,500 excluding connects and speaker cable.

The Pre / Power option with Spendor A5's and Atlas Cables would come in at £3,189.00

Is the extra £700 worth the pre / power combo???

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
That price sounds familiar.... is it through Moorgate Acoustics in Sheffield? £3.2k is probably the going rate but it does seem like a lot of cash for a product that's no longer in its infancy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts