Upgrade itis

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, have not been on for a few months but fancy upgrading my Receiver from the Denon 2311, have never been overly happy with it !!

What sort of money would i need to spend for a noticeable upgrade, quite fancy a Yamaha RX-V3067,

Or would my speakers cater for more,

All advice appreciated

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi messiah, if i was honest i am not sure exactly what i want out of the system, but i had an Arcam set up many moons ago that just felt a bit punchier, was thinking a better Receiver would do the job, funny was reading the link i posted when i got this set up not even a year ago and was over the moon with it then, i have added the link for seeing the layout.

Cheers

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/your-system/new-setup-2nd-time-around

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I can thoroughly recommend the 3067. It's superb. I upgraded from a RXV667 and it's several steps up on that.
I use Monitor Audio as well, seem a perfect match.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks richardw42, i can see a demo on the horizon, quite like the look of the pioneers as well , just don't want to spend a grand and hardly notice any difference,would rather spend £1500 if need be , however you can get the Yamaha RXV3067 for £800 and that seems like a deal ?

A

Anonymous

Your MA speakers are an easy load, and your denon has plenty of power. I'd be getting a home demo before parting with any cash, you may not get the improvements you seek from a more powerful AVR.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts