UPGRADE BUDGET KIT

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have cambridge audio 640a v2, 640cd v2, wharfdale evo30's v1 with qed xt40 speaker cable. my interconnect is pacific. I am looking to upgrade both amp and cd player my budget is about £600.00 for each. Also is it worth while keeping the speakers as i think they deliver a neutral sound without too much base, but feel they lack a little bit of drive. Which is the best way to go with this system.

A

Anonymous

Hi There, Your CD player is not too bad, you could look at for example the Creek Evo kit, which is much better than Cambridge, in both sound and build, Exposure too well be worth a good look as well, match any of these with some Epos, Spendors, Neat, Revolver, AVI speakers and you'll get a nice increase in sound quality.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
rega,very nice or if you wish to keep your speakers and your budget allows naim 5i series.epos and creek are very tempting,i have heard this combo and boy do they sing.

A

Anonymous

My experience has been that I was disappointed with the 640A but very chuffed with the 740A! If I had been free to move from CA, I would have tried the Creek Evo (check out Superfi offer at the moment!!!) and maybe consider some 2nd hand stuff instead.

Silly - have you directly compared the 740A and the Creek Evo? I'd be very interested to hear if you have - I'm a big fan of the 740A and would like to know how it'd stand up against the competition (or what I should have got!). BTW: the build quality of the 640A was disappointing, but have you 'felt' the 740A - lovely!

A

Anonymous

Hi was thinking along the lines of roksan kandy iii amp. Would this be too bright with the wharf evo speakers. Would also like to change cd any idea's.
Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts