Updated System Pics

Messiah

Made a couple of changes recently so thought I would post some updated photos. Quality is not fantastic so apologies for that.

5471639529_07501a3422.jpg

Overall shot - right speaker has just made it.

5472233738_48dda0c8a9.jpg

This photo and the one below show the few BDs I have, some PS3 & Wii games, my external HDD, Grado SR60s and new netbook which is my main source. (HP film cell just covers the phone).

5471642637_aaedd004a2.jpg

5471640543_813a6e2222.jpg

AVI ADM 9.1 (Left/Master) speaker. On top is the Onkyo ND-S1 digital dock.

5471637273_009ff431b0.jpg

Stand was £50 of Amazon. On the stand is a 37" Samsung LCD TV, Belkin N Router, Pioneer DV-LX50 DVD player, Beresford 7520 DAC, PS3, PS2, Wii and Virgin V+ box. Oh and there are 2 redundant granite chopping boards under the DVD player and PS3 from back when I thought they would make a difference.
emotion-1.gif

5471638407_b272e8e25e.jpg

5471643489_4390bc9f5a.jpg

My oldest surviving piece of kit. My Yamaha SW-320 sub. (Needs dusting I see). I am still impressed with this sub and see no need to upgrade it, even for the AVI one.

My main laptop with an obligatory WHF shot.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

very nice messiah
emotion-21.gif
, i see you have carpet, curtains and a nice big sofa to help with the room acoustics, i bet those avi's sound the business in there
emotion-11.gif

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Messiah:

It does sound very good. I finally have a system that I can leave alone and not think about changing. Can now get on with enjoying the music more. Finally!

That's what I like to hear
emotion-21.gif
Very chilled room, and so nice just to be able to relax and forget about your kit, congrats
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Very Nice set-up! Where has the housing skirting gone? lol How do you find the Beresford?

Messiah

The Beresford performs well. I find little difference between this and the DAC in the ADMs.

It expands on the ADMs inputs, offers a decent headphone output and enables me to bypass having to use the flaky volume control on the ADMs.

D

Deleted member 2457

Really nice, i really like your stand and i like all the black too.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Nice system Messiah. Watch out for the laptop on top of the sub though. Not sure if the sub will be shielded?? Someone warned me about placing my macbook too close on my system thread and it was sitting on the cabinet next to the sub. Love the all black too!!

John

Messiah

Cheers John!

The laptop was only really there for the photo. I have put more shelves up above the sub mirroring those with the netbook on. When the laptop is not in use on my lap it sits up out of the way and acts as a kind of digital photo frame.

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the pictures.

I still buy CDs but rip all music to my laptop and use my iPod in the car.

The speakers you are using seem to be a great space saving idea.

What could I use as a source? Preferably I would do it wirelessly if possible and using a lossless codec. I know of Airplay and have heard of the Squeezebox as potential options. I don't mind using my laptop though, HP Dv6.

Could something like an Olive HD or Brennan JB7 be hooked up to these speakers without the need for an amp?

Messiah

Your laptop would be fine. As you can see I use a netbook with mine.

As long as you have a source with either optical or standard RCA outputs you just connect it up to the speakers. They house all you need.

(Remote controlled pre-amp, DAC, amp and speaker)

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01790205&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=uk&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3985025 My laptop only has analogue output as far as I'm aware, no digital. Does that mean the sound would be compromised as the ADM9's DAC would not be used? That's what the WHF review suggests. Maybe I'd be wise to upgrade to a Macbook as AVI's website suggests.

T

the record spot

Messiah said:
... and enables me to bypass having to use the flaky volume control on the ADMs.

...bet you never mentioned that on a certain well AVI attended forum... :twisted:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts