Update: I have the NAD C355BEE amp.

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes; it is the right amp for me. Many power and punch for my music (metalrock). The cdp will be the NAD C545BEE or the Marantz cd 6004. The dealer find the combo NAD c33/c545 gives too much bass and maybe a too dark sound. Best would be the combo NAD C355/Marantz cd 6004. Speakers are the MA RX 6.

Need a amp and cdp to run in? And then; how many hours?

A

Anonymous

Dare I say 'told you so...' ;)

It is a superb amp so glad you like it

Both CDP's will work well; ideally get a home demo of both and see how you go.

I found the NAD C355BEE / C545BEE combo very good indeed and not too bassy/dark at all.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Having owned that exact combo, I completely agree with hifilover, the NAD combo will not be dark. And the CD player is the opposite of dark and bass heavy. The amp does have powerful bass, but the CDP is delicate and detailed in my experience. In fact, the Marantz CDP will most likely be darker than the NAD CDP.

A

Anonymous

I do agree that the Marantz CD6003 will be a lot smoother

Best to hear them both if you can as they sound different...

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes; i bought a cdp! The winner is (for me)............NAD C545BEE.

I have listen to the Marantz cd 6004. I don't understand that it is cdp of the year. Yes; everything sounds right, but so boring. No life. And where is the bass??? I think it is a beautiful player for classical and acoustic music, but not for (metal)rock.

NAD = Metalrock!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

A

Anonymous

peterpan said:
Yes; i bought a cdp! The winner is (for me)............NAD C545BEE.

I have listen to the Marantz cd 6004. I don't understand that it is cdp of the year. Yes; everything sounds right, but so boring. No life. And where is the bass??? I think it is a beautiful player for classical and acoustic music, but not for (metal)rock.

NAD = Metalrock!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Glad youre sorted ;)

I've always said that about Marantz stuff but my CR603 has done nothing but amaze me; its soundstage is superb and hell of a lot better than the PM6003 / CD6003 combo IMO

The CD6004 is a lovely spinner but for rock metal and electronica; the NAD is better suited

Dare I say it (ok I will) :p I upgraded from the NAD C545BEE to the Rega Apollo and WOW; now that WAS a change in sound; absolutely SUPERB and worked SO well with the NAD C355BEE / M/A RX6 set-up I had 8)

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Or maybe no cdp, but streaming? Who buys in these times a cdp? Is it not all streaming? But how is the soundquality compare with a NAd C5435BEE? I'm looking at the Pioneer N-50. Looks great. Or not?

TRENDING THREADS