Up to 20% off high-resolution downloads at HD Tracks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
HD Tracks are running a couple of discount offers at the moment.

They've got 20% off ABKCO's HD Remastered series, which includes several Rolling Stones releases - details here

HD Tracks is also offering 10% off Grammy-nominated albums for a limited time - use promo code 'grammy'

dariushifi

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello Clare,

As far as I understood HD Tracks are only for U.S. residents only and not for UK ones. I am registered with HD and I have downloaded some freebies, but when I am trying to buy something it does not allow me. It says U.S. residents only. I know people are buying through paypal somehow, but according to their terms and conditions reading it is illegal. Am I right?

I would love to add HD tracks to my Linn and Naim HD sources, as it offers wider range of downloads. Any idea when HD tracks will be officially available in UK? Thank you.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No news re UK launch that I have, sorry. But PayPal method works fine. And considering the alternative is truly illegal downloading, I wish the music labels would wise up and make it easier to buy....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Seems some labels are blocking HDTracks from downloading their content if your IP address doesn't point to the USA, even if you use the Paypal route.

I emailed HDTracks about this yesterday, and the response said:

'We are working hard to soon launch HDtracks UK [as well as other territories]. Please keep checking our website for further updates and news.'

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Here's hoping they do sort it shortly. I know there are complex copyright issues to resolve, but you'd think after all these years of online music services that they'd be getting quicker at sorting them. In the meantime, they're causing frustration, losing money and driving less scrupulous users into hands of illegal-download sites.

In the meantime, i'll stick to downloading tracks when i'm in the US :)

dariushifi

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Andrew for an update, for giving a small nudge to HD tracks and bringing a small hope that eventually they might be available in UK.

Market is flooded with streamers but actual choice of hi rez music is limited (apart of classical Music), although availability is growing, it is way lagging behind to fill up the market to drive all these Naims, Cyrus and so on. Also Manufactures are advertising 24/192 streamer capabilities, however it is hard to justify extra pounds spent on that if you can not actually find the music you like to experience the difference true hi rez music can bring.

georgecostanza

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I downloaded Paul Simon So Beautiful So What just before christmas from HD Tracks, tried to get some Stones yesterday , but now tells me my ip address shows I am not in USA , so not possible !

georgecostanza

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I downloaded Paul Simon So Beautiful So What just before christmas from HD Tracks, tried to get some Stones yesterday , but now tells me my ip address shows I am not in USA , so not possible !

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
is it possible to get an ip scrammble / blocker to fool it into giving you the tracks ? don't want the details .. but ive used hdtracks myself and if i'm now blocked for usign it to get the odd album i'll be gutted

TRENDING THREADS