Unbalanced audio playback

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am more than likely going mad [:cool:] but I would like some advice on this.

Recently spent some money on mid range av/hi-fi system and I am hearing certain instruments only playing on my left hand speaker on a couple of my cd tracks and was wondering if this is a normal stereo effect with the way it was recorded?

Had cheepies before so I might not have been concentrating.

The speakers are also placed further apart (2M) than I am normally used to.

Only using the two fronts at the moment and system is set to stereo.

Just getting frustrated as I am not sure if this is normal or if there is something wrong with the system as I have double checked all the connections.

Receiver – Yamaha RXV1900

Source – Yamaha BDS1065

Speakers – B&W 684

Any thoughts

Regards,

Oliver

T

the record spot

Sounds like you're hearing the classic imaging that is otherwise known as stereo. Some recordings make more of the effect than others but I'd imagine your kit is fine.

A

Anonymous

A couple of things to try first: swap your speakers over only and check if the instruments still appear on the left (tests if the speakers are to blame - although everything would sound lop-sided if that were true)

- use the test tone on your Yamaha to check output levels

- listen to the same track via headphones on the yamaha

-listen to the track on a different piece of equipment

this should help narrow down the culprit or merely confirm the tracks are meant to be mixed that way.

Finally, I have lots of CDs which have instruments placed in the stereo mix which are definitely towards one side; it may be your new system is much more revealing (the speaker separation will accentuate).

P.S. perhaps you could name a track and a description of this and someone can verify.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts