Unable to receive 5.1 signal from Samsung Blue-ray BD-P1580

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If anyone can help with following please:

Blu-ray player: Samsung BD-P580 Amp/receiver: Panasonic SA-DT310 TV: LG 47LH3000

I'm having problems receiving a Dobly/DTS Digital 5.1 signal directly from my blu-ray player direct to my amp using an optical cable.
Even after following the instructions to change relevant setting on the player, my amp is either trying to read an unreconised DTS format (no sound, just a low buzzing noise & the amp display flashing DTS) when I revert back to the basic PCM setting on the Blu-ray player, it will only feed a Pro Logic II signal. I have no problem receiving a 5.1 feed on relevant films/programs on my SkyHD box using the SPDIF optical connection.

With my Blu-ray player connected directly via HDMI to the TV, is it possible the for TV to send the Blu-ray's Dolby Digital (HD/5.1) signal through an optical cable connected via the SPDIF optical out port from the TV to my Dolby 5.1 amp?

Any help would be appreciated [:)]

A

Anonymous

it should be possible, the setting should be bitstream, if it is set to LPCM it will send a stereo signal thus the pro logic ii

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts