Ultraviolet playback via iPad 4 to tv

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok - apologies - another virgin iPad owner question then I promise I will stop posting !

I have the excellent, as long as you are within your wireless network, Flixster app. I have quite a few Ultraviolet digital download films redeemed within my account. I also have an Apple TV and iTunes account but the Ultraviolet codes cannot be transfered to iTunes which is a shame and a big part of my problem.

I would like to watch the Ultraviolet film collection I have built up on my iPad 4 to the tv if possible (or really through my av amp but you get the idea). Airplay mirroring wont work due to contractable / licensing reasons. Is their a way round this at all please ? I was hoping I could buy a cable to link the iPad 4 to the av amp and it would all just work watching on my tv.

Is this possible ? Please someone say yes !

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
I realise its not answering your question, which by the way i dont beloeve there is a solution to, but why not just put on the original DVD or BD, which must be better quality?

alternatively rip the original disc to iTunes friendly format...not strictly legal but certainly possible...and airplay to your hearts content

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've just transferred a dozen or so UV copies. It goes into your flixster account.

You cannot redeem codes via an ipad.

I'd be very keen to hear if anybody can get ipad to send to TV. No, Airplay won't work.

I've got a PS4, so thought to use the web browser to access the flixster webside. But PS4 doesn't support flash.

I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a rumour that UV might come to PS4. There was an image with the UV logo as propsed apps. Wind up ?

Probably.

I suppose you could get a Mac Mini to contact to TV, but I don't want more boxes.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've just transferred a dozen or so UV copies. It goes into your flixster account.

You cannot redeem codes via an ipad.

I'd be very keen to hear if anybody can get ipad to send to TV. No, Airplay won't work.

I've got a PS4, so thought to use the web browser to access the flixster webside. But PS4 doesn't support flash.

I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a rumour that UV might come to PS4. There was an image with the UV logo as propsed apps. Wind up ?

Probably.

I suppose you could get a Mac Mini to contact to TV, but I don't want more boxes.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Chisy1 said:
I realise its not answering your question, which by the way i dont beloeve there is a solution to, but why not just put on the original DVD or BD, which must be better quality?

alternatively rip the original disc to iTunes friendly format...not strictly legal but certainly possible...and airplay to your hearts content

Hi Chisy1,

In answer to your post - I have quite a large Blu Ray collection and a very nice 5.1 set up and yes it is obviously better to watch this way.

EDITED BY MODS

Yes, if it's a big blockbuster or something I really want to watch then I buy the Blu Rays but I mostly buy Ultraviolet codes for the kids (some recent examples, 99p purchases or not much more - The Lorax, Man of Steel, Men in Black 3, The Amazing Spiderman). They can then watch them on my newly purchased iPad and I get some peace and quite. Plus it's legal not that I am a prude !

Also, a lot of my Blu Rays I buy 2nd hand from CEX and I would say that those that do have Ultraviolet options with them generally come with the codes still inside the second hand Blu Rays. Out of those codes, I would say that 90% of the codes still work. I can then watch the Blu Ray and then add the digital copy to my Ultraviolet collection and then flog the Blu Ray back to CEX whilst having a digital copy on my iPad/pc/iPhone for life all courtesy of the free Flixster App (which is worth it just for the Rotten Tomatoes film reviews let alone the digital copys of my films) .

The only negative to this service is that to watch the digital downloads in the cloud, you need an internet connection. You can always download them to your device too but that's memory sapping ! And, so far, no one has got a way round putting the films played onto the iPad onto my lovely set up.

Would say though- would love to have the know how on how to rip my Blu Ray collection to iTunes formats and Airplay away but I am still quite technophobic and wouldn't know where to start. Dont suppose anyone cares to tell !!!

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Not entirely sure buying the codes is legal, do the owners actually have rights to sell? Anyway, that's another question...

on the last point, do you like quizes? in google can you re-organise - 'blu-ray ripping collection your'

TRENDING THREADS