u2 remastered

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
I have bought this album at Christmas last year and I really love it. It sounds much better than the original album. A must-have for a true U2 fan!

A

Anonymous

hi i find it a lot better sounding. also war has been remastered what a difference this is ace my fav u2 album.-some more really good remastered cd are sade discs and all roxy music discs. but my favourite remasterd cd are the van morrison collection i have originals but the remasterrd versions are something else try them

A

Anonymous

From their back catalogue U2 appear to have re-mastered everything but their The Unforgettable Fire album. I would love to know why this has been omitted, for no other reason than it is my favourite U2 album, which I imagine will sound incredible re-mastered. Like Radioheads, The Bends, this album sits in a canon of work as the album prior to the acknowledged masterpiece or pinnacle. The Joshua Tree is brilliant - as is OK Computer - but with each band I prefer the overshadowed predecessors.

Ever noticed that the title track, The Unforgettable Fire, has no verse or chorus? Have strings ever sounded better?

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I found the Remastered Joshua Tree a bit of a disappointment to be honest. Well, as far as sound quality goes anyway.

I've no doubt it's better than the original recording, but it's still not as good as many other discs I own. Age isn't an excuse either, as I own other recordings from the same period which are far better sounding.

Can't complain about the content though!

A

Anonymous

I've got the original Joshua Tree CD, The Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Remaster (from the 1990s) and the new remaster. If anything I think the new one sounds best. It has slightly more warmth than the MFSL disc and the vocals sound better. It is slightly louder but it's not been eq'ed or compressed to get the extra volume like some shoddy 'remasters'.

The intro drums the Bullet the Blue Sky are pretty amazing.

As for the other U2 back catalogue discs they started with Joshua and are now going from start to finish. Boy, October, War etc. Under a Blood Red sky has just been released (inc the concert on DVD) and from what I gather Unforgattable Fire (my favorite) will be next up then Rattle and Hum.

Looking forward to Rattle since my original CD has a slight eq inbalance, also Achtung baby should really benefit. The whole mixing/mastering on that album was rushed - I remember the story of The Edge laying down extra guitar overdubs in the mixing suite (!!!!) - you can hear them mainly on The Fly - since they had ran out of time in Dogtown studios in Dublin.

Apparently the Danny (Lanios) is in the USA at the moment doing the final mix on the brand new album.....

jules.

A

Anonymous

U2 albums are always c@cked up when it comes to recording quality!

Take "The Unforgettable Fire" on LP is truly awful in many respects - the overall quality is poor and half way through the first track, the right channel eventually comes in fully - before it is hardly there!

The remaster of "The Joshua Tree" on LP 180g virgin is okay, but still not excellent!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts