u.k mains plugs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello besides the furutech u.k mains plugs, what other u.k mains plugs are out there that can fit a 18/20mm diameter cable?

please let me know,thank you

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Wattgate will do. Doing a spot of DIY?
smiley-wink.gif

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I think Wattgate only make shuko, not UK mains plugs. They make IECs of course but that's not what he's after. Afraid I have no answer to the question but David at maincablesrus is very helpful with this kind of thing.

T

tiggs

From what I know, Wattgate only make USA and Schuko type plugs. The UK plug Russ Andrews sell is a modified Clipsal plug. The only company I can think of that may be able to help is The Missing Link, www.the-missing-link.net. Are you reterminating an existing cable?, or are you making up a diy cable?. The other problem you have is that most UK plugs are not designed to take 18-20mm thick cables, and the cable will be a tight fit as the terminals aren't designed to take heavy gauge wire. If you are reteminating an existing cable it may be worth just using a good quality adaptor which can be bought for aound £25.00 for a fully moulded adaptor, if you do use an adaptor you will need to make sure the plug is wired the same way a a UK plug, as USA and Schuko plugs are wired slightly ie earth, live, neutral and not earth, neutral and live.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts