Two iconic James Cameron movies are set to receive High Frame Rate remasters

Jul 25, 2022
Visit site
They are both available on blu ray, the former in 4k too...

Although a quick look at Amazon & eBay suggests that should be 'were', not 'are'.

I'm pretty sure that neither were "official". There are "unofficial" BD copies of True Lies, but these are nothing more than the censored HD TV version that people have created using BD recorders (probably out of desperation for the real thing). James Cameron has been teasing both movies for official HD releases for years now. Back in 2018, he claimed in an interview with Empire Magazine to be working on True Lies. He also said in an interview last year, 2021, that he'd finished overseeing the HD remaster of The Abyss. But, so far, the only way to get official un-cut physical copies of both, is still on DVD. Worst still, the DVD release of The Abyss isn't even anamorphic widescreen.

Jul 25, 2022
Visit site
That's exactly my point. If you look at either of those links, all the information (codec, audio, etc) is just lists "TBC",. The entries on Bluray.com exist, but there's never been any actually official releases.

More info can be found here:

Pyronaut

Jul 27, 2022
Visit site
Awesome, can't wait! This will definitely get me back to the cinema to watch Avatar again. I hope it's the extended cut, and that they also release a UHD Blu-Ray HFR version for home purchase.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS