tweeter/crossover problem

garion42

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
recently moved house and when I put the hifi back together I noticed that the tweeters in my Quad Q11Ls had gone very quiet and tinny sounding. Bought new speakers and same thing! It would appear to be my amp that is at fault but is it the tweeters or crossovers that are damaged? as I said, you can hear the music but it's horrible.....any advice appreciated (the bottom end is fine by the way...)

garion42 said:
recently moved house and when I put the hifi back together I noticed that the tweeters in my Quad Q11Ls had gone very quiet and tinny sounding. Bought new speakers and same thing! It would appear to be my amp that is at fault but is it the tweeters or crossovers that are damaged? as I said, you can hear the music but it's horrible.....any advice appreciated (the bottom end is fine by the way...)

I think you've eliminated the tweeers by buying new speakers haven't you?

Daft question maybe but the terminal connecting rods on the 11L's haven't moved during the house move have they?

Check all wiring again and if you can borrow an amp and try that. Failing that find a dealer and ask if you can take speakers to them to try.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
garion42 said:

both speakers? Check jumper between the terminals.

If just one not working swap the outputs from amp to see where the problem is.

iQ Speakers said:
garion42 said:

both speakers? Check jumper between the terminals.

If just one not working swap the outputs from amp to see where the problem is.

As written it looks like both speakers. I find it strange that one minute he's stating the amps at fault and next still questioning speakers. Having tried two pairs of speakers I'd say its the amp.

To the OP, which amp is it? Would any settings on it have been altered during the move?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts