TV sound through receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a sony str-dg820 receiver, a ps3 and a toshiba 32/37/42wlt58 TV. The ps3 connected to the receiver with a hdmi cable works fine with full surround sound and blue ray video. However I do not seem able to have the same success with the TV ie no sound from speakers. Have connected the tv to the receiver with a hdmi cable. Any help would be welcome

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV will only be carrying video signals sent on from the amp (the TV doesn't send anything back to the receiver over that cable). To get sound from the TV through the receiver, you'll need to connect it up using a standard pair of RCA phono cables from the TV's out socket to a spare input on the receiver.

A

Anonymous

Have just tried what you suggested but still no good, I assume it is down to either the TV settings or the receiver settings

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Make sure you are using the Audio out sockets on the TV, not one of the Audio in sockets. I'm a bit confused as you mention your model as "toshiba 32/37/42wlt58" - which one is it, 32", 37" or 42"? Anyway, I've managed to find a picture here of where the Audio out sockets are on the 32" model, hopefully it's the same on the others:

NB - it's the red and white sockets at the very bottom.
Hope this sorts it.

A

Anonymous

getting more difficult now. Yes I am using the connections you have suggested, I really do not see any reason whyI cannot get sound from my t. Had a thought though, if I got a free view box and connect through that, do you think that might work

many thanks fo your help

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I had a Tosh CRT once and I'm sure I had to go into a menu within the settings and tell the TV to output sound through the line out sockets. I believe this turned the TV speakers off.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your help, your suggestion worked. Such an easy solution.

Many thanks

DWK

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts