Tv sound through my panasonic 42 v10 optical.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Just been trying to get tv sound through my hifi. I attached the tv via optical to my 740c digital input to use the dac in my cd player and all I got on the hd channels was a constant clicking sound. The SD channels worked fine. I then tried it via RCA into my amp and the sound on the hd channels worked. Why can I not get any sound on the hd channels via optical? Is it because of the signal output on the hd channels? Any help would be great.

John Duncan

Depending on the HD channels it may be outputting Dolby Digital? There will be a setting somewhere to downmix to stereo, but I don't know the telly so don't know where. Let me see if I can find the manual...

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks very much for your response John, I can't see anything on the sound menu like that. Will have another look tomorow when I have found the instructions.....

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Manual is here, page 59.
Thanks for the link, the nicam, spdf and hdmi options are not on the menu when I bring it up. Not sure what the "available in movie View or network movie" means. Perhaps this has something to do with it? I will have a good look this eve to see if I have done anything stupid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts