Turntable Power Supply

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering if a Project 2Xperience SB DC turntable from Europe 240v 50Hz would run at the correct speed in Canada who use 110v 60Hz. I know normally you would need to use a transformer and get a new pulley, but as it has a universal power DC supply I assume it would be okay?

AntAxon said:
I was wondering if a Project 2Xperience SB DC turntable from Europe 240v 50Hz would run at the correct speed in Canada who use 110v 60Hz. I know normally you would need to use a transformer and get a new pulley, but as it has a universal power DC supply I assume it would be okay?

I would very much doubt it. Check with local Project stockist.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
It uses a DC motor, so provided the power supply can handle your local mains voltage (and it seems it can, given that Pro-ject describes it as a 'universal' supply, and it comes with a range of mains plug adapters) all should be fine. The change of pulley and/or motor thing only becomes an issue where a turntable uses an AC (mains voltage) motor, where the AC frequency can affect the motor's speed.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I thought that was the case but was not sure. My son emigrated to Canada from the UK a couple of years back and he had to get his TT converted. We are planning on moving over too in the next year or so and I just wondered if my TT would be okay. I can get a transformer for the amp etc.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
AntAxon said:
I thought that was the case but was not sure. My son emigrated to Canada from the UK a couple of years back and he had to get his TT converted. We are planning on moving over too in the next year or so and I just wondered if my TT would be okay. I can get a transformer for the amp etc.

Just bought one myself.... Through work... at a very nice price.... Nice aren't they ;-)

2xpsbdc.jpg

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I'm very pleased with mine too after a bit of advice from Al Ears. Fortunately mine had been in the window display of my local HiFi shop and I got it for £766, a bit of a bargain.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, mine was brand new, but dinked on a corner by a courier in transit. It was bought at a favourable price as well :) :) I'm not looking at the back when I'm using it, and everything is straight - it hadn't even knocked the VTA or Az out.

2xpsbdc1.jpg

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I recently repaired a oak dresser with furniture wax strips. They work really well, I had to blend a couple together to get the right colour. I'm sure with a bit of work you could sort it out so it would hardly notice at all.

It's nice when you get a bargain isn't it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts