Turntable Ariston RD80, worth the money?

Calarivi

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all!

I have found a Ariston RD 80 turntable with a Jelco SA-250ST tonearm and a Linn K9 pickup, and the guy wants 465 pounds. It's in good condition and the pickup is fairly worn, do you think that the turntable is worth the money?

I'm asking this question since I'm a complete novice when it comes to turntables and I'm really happy for any answers that I can get. Thanks!

daytona600 said:
Jelco is current & a very nice arm , the deck & cartridge must be from noahs ark

Not too sure where the 'current' comes from. Yes they still make them but they have been around since the 80's. My guess is that it is as old as the turntable itself (approx. 1983) or possibly the Linn K9 (1986 onward)

Burto

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I obtained an rd80 from a popular auction site a couple of months ago. It was in poor condition and looked a mess. Some fool had gloss painted the top plate badly and the wood was stained and looked horrible.

Plus points the tonearm linn lvv with adc headshell was in good condition with no play in the bearings.

After a lot of cosmetic work paint stripping and restoring the wood the unit looks good. And with a new at95e sounds very decent (a lot better than my dual 505-3)

These are a very good mid range vintage table and you can find at very decent prices.

I would say with parts and time spent the table owes me around £250.

Dont pay that sort of money for the item £150 would be about right for a good table minus the tonearm.

Even with an akito arm (around £150 ish) £300 would be the max.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts