TT Connection conundrum.

rjb70stoke

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Just want a bit of clarification from one of you experts.

While sitting, supping a few :beer: one night in the local, and enthusing greatly about my new TT, and the merits of vinyl in general, everyone got a bit misty eyed discussing the "old days". It was suggested we held a vinyl night, where everyone could come with one of their old records to be played. This shortly turned into a fancy dress do, where everybody should come dressed as their arist. Muggins here, got the gig, so now to my question.

The PA system we have installed has no phono input, so I was going to take an old amp of mine, that has, and was going to connect the TT into this, then use the pre-outs (Tape loop), out of the amp and into the spare CD input on the PA system. Is this going to work OK? and am I endangering either my TT, Amp, or indeed the club PA system?

All in all it should be a great night with loads of :rockout: plenty of :cheers: and hopefully a few more converts to the vinyl revolution.

I reckon it should work fine. The levels will be good anyway. Do check in advance though, as you might get an earth loop, depending on how it all connects to the mains. That would wreck the sound and maybe the speakers!

It will sound dreadful in any case as PA speakers are all about volume and intelligible voices not the subtlety you enjoy from vinyl. May as well play the CDs!

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I think you need to be more worried about your new turntable when plenty of
cheers.gif
takes place. But enjoy - it sounds like a good time will be had.

rjb70stoke

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Follow up to the original post...

Everything worked out just fine, no blown amps etc. Everybody had a great evening, we had sounds from anything and everything, David Essex to King Kurt, Mr Blobby to The Prodigy. I lost count of the amount of people who came up to me saying a new turntable was their next purchase!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts