True or not ???

onlystyle

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
in searching for appropriate electronics for my kef r5.1 system i looked into a forum in whom following thinks been said

that it is a joke that human ears can hear the differences of speakers sounding with high or very high end amplification

(it is the same for high ended scad and cd players) let say classe or mackintosh compairing with cheap amplification

let say an av receiver costing 300 euro . a meaning that had been shared with many visistors

is all than measure differences that human can not hear ???

i was visiting a site (harmonique-blog) where the expert tested the kef r300 with high end and than with an onkyo 5009

he said that high end opened up much more the music, kept the bass reproduction much more controlled and tight and so

one there were the onkyo was making the music much more flat, not so detailed, dit not take advantge off the

speakers capacity

what do the forum visitors and the expert from whats hifi find ?

Are audiophiles than a type of guys believing in something they can not hear?

Thank you for your reactions

I'll put it this way:

Drive a Nissan Micra at 70mph & then a Merc C class at the same speed. Without taking interiors into consideration, which car will you prefer to drive? The Merc, even though going at the same speed as the Nissan, feels effortless cruising at that speed while the Micra will seem to struggle & its engine will be working harder.

Would you then say all cars are the same if they're capable of driving at 70mph?

onlystyle

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
first of al let me say that y do not agree or disagree the statement that electronics aren't important ....but it must not

become a statement off mass production against unique

i am shure that mass production can reduce costs because there are selling much more

pioneer onkyo and yahama are topp (in selling) ...and when you sell much you become sheaper ??

that is an economicly rull ...by the way the question was can you or not hear the differences????

can anyone help me with theseone ....i have see a review from a av receiver pioneer elite sc68 who

is enormous with music ...i have been on the site of pioneer and that amp is not there

is these a amp that they don't sell in europe???

michael hoy

Will a Micra reach 70 mph this side of christmas, one of my staff has one and they never took it above 30 mph.

Any way, Nestle chocolate or Hotel Chocolate. Both make chocolate but I know which I prefer.

onlystyle

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
thank you

do the pioneer 86 use the same type off amplification ?

D3 third generation d amplification

is there an explenation off why models are changing between USA and Europe??

onlystyle said:
is there an explenation off why models are changing between USA and Europe??

Some manufacturers have different model numbers specific for the US. Probably to prevent grey market from flourishing. Even Canon has different model numbers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS#Naming_scheme

onlystyle

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
thanks a lot bigg boss

whele now i begin to understand the winning award pioneer 86

the 68 has been reviewd hometheatrereviews and received 5 stars musical

the compartiment music is wonderfull ( stereo and theatre)

only the nad t787 likes to bee better but it cost 1300.00 euro more

i am going to match upp kef r300 with the 86

i am always looking for more than one appreciation ....everyone likes to be unanim about the 86

onlystyle

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
i have just read the review of yahama 3020 receiver and in it there is an interesting remarque for those who believe difference in amplification

can not be heard ......this receiver is like his competitors i hink onkyo 5009 and for exemple pioneer lx 86 sonicly a long way away

from a descent sounding stereo amplifier .......so the testing guys from whats hifi are believing that there is a great difference between

those ...with other words even the top off the bill reveivers can not holding a candle soundwise against stereo amplification...

what i can not understand that while manufactors who are producing 2000.00 euro receivers have so many difficulties to introduce

descent stereo in those .....you can buy a stereo receiver for 500.00 euro ...that leave them with 1500.00 euro to spent

how do this come ???

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
onlystyle said:
i have just read the review of yahama 3020 receiver and in it there is an interesting remarque for those who believe difference in amplification

can not be heard ......this receiver is like his competitors i hink onkyo 5009 and for exemple pioneer lx 86 sonicly a long way away

from a descent sounding stereo amplifier .......so the testing guys from whats hifi are believing that there is a great difference between

those ...with other words even the top off the bill reveivers can not holding a candle soundwise against stereo amplification...

what i can not understand that while manufactors who are producing 2000.00 euro receivers have so many difficulties to introduce

descent stereo in those .....you can buy a stereo receiver for 500.00 euro ...that leave them with 1500.00 euro to spent

how do this come ???

why dnt u good to a shop & ask the shop to do a blind test & see which one u like. Yes Generally speaking 2 channel amps are more musical, but thats not to say there are no AV amp that are good at music.. Just 7 or 8 years ago Av amps use to sound hard & harsh, but a lot has changed now. The difference between an AV amp & 2 channel amp is not as much as people think. Technology can only move so far as far as two channel is concerned. Some well engineered AV amps sound better than some 2 channel amps. Take the test urself u may even find it hard to notice much bewteen both.

onlystyle

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
thank you

yes i am going to audition a few receivers ...from all that i hear NAD should be soundwise the best ......but i also going to auditione

the pioneer yahama onkyo and anthem if naturely they are al there ....perhaps there is another brand who knocked them out

i shall certainly give you my thoughts .....

I was part of the "Big Question" feature in the mag more than 2 years ago. The Rotel RA-04SE was tested against the Denon 1910, Denon 2310 & Sony STR-DA5400ES which was worth £1400 at the time. The Rotel was better than all of them.

I think the reason is that all the money you pay buying a stereo amplifier goes into audio components only. With an AV receiver, there is so much tech crammed along with video components, upscaling etc. (which costs money) that very little money goes for audio components. Obviously, the quality suffers. Also, theoretically, there is interference from video components in an AV receiver.

I must add that I had to listen very carefully before the difference between stereo amp & AV receiver was discernible.

onlystyle

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
thank you bigboss

nad schould be the exeption ....there are two american websites "home theatre" and hometheatrereviews" disponible

they tested the NAD T787 AND T757 enormous good wit music ......

but also the pioneer LX elite 68 received 5 stars for music ...

mass producent where not considerate like concurrent al those they recognise that these are enormous good instrument on

video uppscale they could not hold a candle soundwise to the nad and pioneer ....

i must say that nad had always produce enormous good music amplification ....but its like you say nad is a music first compagnie

and their receivers lacked features .....so its always given and taken ....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts