TRON: movie and soundtrack are off the grid

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After seeing TRON Legacy in 3D at the Imax, the daft Punk created soundtrack is a great follow up. Dark Electronic meets classical, and if your system (and neighbors) can handle the bass, its insane. Not quite Hans Zimmer Galdiator style, but few offer such great electronic and classical combo's.

Anyone else seen the film and enjoyed the music?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I was interested (I saw the original Tron) until I read the reviews. Almost universal in their opinion that it was unmitigated [self censored naughty word rhyming with kite].

So I think 'The Kings Speech' is going to be my first cinema movie for 2011.

I gave in and bought 'Inception' on BD - due in part to the tidal wave of acclamation on this forum - and regretted it. That was a total waste of £16.97 and Leonardo DC still can't act!

A

Anonymous

Watch the film and see if it's Kite afterwards. Daft Punk's first foray into movie producing too.

A

Anonymous

I totally understand where you come from but, said by someone who's always watched cult movies and serious stuff critics love, i can say Tron in 3D at the iMax was absolutely amazing....

We can't compare it with the substance of some movies but.....sometimes it's good to swap the visit to the 'planetarium' for some colourful futile fireworks and enjoy it ;-)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Saw the film last week with a friend who's a fellow Tron fan. Don't go if you're after detailed plot, characterisation or amazing dialogue. But (IMO) it pulls off its aim of being entertaining, fun, immersive and having great and originial (within the contaxt of being a sequel) action sequences. We also saw it at 3D IMAX. I still think 3D is completely unneccessary, but IMAX works very well with this film. And if you're on the forum because you love big, bassy soundtracks then it works fantastically in the cinema.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I saw it a couple of weeks ago, the only thing wrong with it is the script but and it isn't often I'd say this, you can safely ignore that because it just isn't about the script, the film looks incredible, 3D or not (I saw it in 3D and almost forgot that it was, very subtle), that's all that matters, the action sequences are excellent and Jeff is The Dude again, what more do you want?

Other than that the youthification of Bridges as young Flynn and Clu is a little wooden, the technique doesn't pick up the eyes which remain completely dead, which is very noticable.

I'd still give it a solid 6.93 out of 10, worth a viewing on a Saturday evening.

A

Anonymous

I agree the film was not as technically ground breaking as Tron the original was in its time, but remembering this is also a Disney film, almost entirely shot in CG environments, it does well for itself.

I also second Jeff as the Dude again - It also appeared like he had to hold back saying "dude" several times. Was expecting him to drink baileys at one point too.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
woollyjoe:I also second Jeff as the Dude again - It also appeared like he had to hold back saying "dude" several times. Was expecting him to drink baileys at one point too.

BAILEYS? BAILEYS???!?!!? Go to your room!

It's a White Russian The Dude drinks!

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:woollyjoe:I also second Jeff as the Dude again - It also appeared like he had to hold back saying "dude" several times. Was expecting him to drink baileys at one point too.

BAILEYS? BAILEYS???!?!!? Go to your room!It's a White Russian The Dude drinks!

Whooooo...sounds like you are a 'dudeism' adept! http://dudeism.com/ :-D lol

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:Watch with your eyes, not your ears, apart from the soundtrack and you'll be fine.

The soundtrack is AWESOME mate

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
miss fujiko:
the_lhc:Watch with your eyes, not your ears, apart from the soundtrack and you'll be fine.

The soundtrack is AWESOME mate

Yeah I know, I meant ignore what you hear apart from the soundtrack, ie ignore the script. I just didn't phrase it very well...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
miss fujiko:the_lhc:woollyjoe:I also second Jeff as the Dude again - It also appeared like he had to hold back saying "dude" several times. Was expecting him to drink baileys at one point too.

BAILEYS? BAILEYS???!?!!? Go to your room!It's a White Russian The Dude drinks!

Whooooo...sounds like you are a 'dudeism' adept! http://dudeism.com/ :-D lol

Not really, but I know he didn't drink Baileys.

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Got the soundtrack today and can honestly say its my fav soundtrack of all time (the social network runs it close for atmospherics but Daft punk are the shizzle!)

Seen the movie at IMAX and normal cinemas and thought it was good. Worth it just to hear the soundtrack on the 12KW imax sound system TBF! The girl in it is amazing too.....

my room is shaking as i type with the volume at 11 Oclock!

That is all...

regards

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
tyranniux42:The girl in it is amazing too.....

Thirteen you mean? It took me days to realise it was her.

One other thing, shut your eyes whenever Michael Sheen is on screen, his character and performance is awful, really doesn't work.

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
13? not sure what you mean by this .. Please enlighten me haha!

emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

i wasn't mad about the soundtrack myself having listened to it on spotify the other day, i found it similar in parts to the dark knight, but lacking the drama..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts