Trio KR 7400 Receiver circa 1977 repair

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi people , i have owned the above receiver from new, and am going to replace it shortly with a Roksan Kandy K2 amp to go with my K2 CD player , and KEF 104 A/B's... However it has a problem, which i would like to fix before i pass it onto my son , who hopefully will get many more years pleasure from it..Now some might say it's not worth repairing, but i'm kinda sentimental and don't like to chuck anything out...So to the problem...every now and then it loses it's bass, not all the time and it sometimes comes back straight away..Now i'm not sure if i read somewhere that Capacitors can fail with age.Would this cause my problem, and how do i identify them if it is..All suggestions are greatly appreciated.....Bill

A

Anonymous

Any electronics gurus out there who could shed some light on this.?

MikeToll

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
First post, scary! I have no electronic knowledge either but I have an old Pioneer amp from about 1982 which showed very similar problems then died with no sound. I found a "backstreet" repair shop who checked it out, replaced the capacitors for £15 all in, since when it has worked fine. The only trouble is it started me off on the upgradeitis trail which costs a lot more than £15 on the grounds of what else is going to go wrong!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts