Question Triax 318151 Eco T5 Linear psu

Gray

Hello, any idea if this 15v linear psu would be any good for my Topping DX3pro DAC please? https://cpc.farnell.com/triax/31815...hraTWoreqnOKYJ39du2thZIFvq0WJ_fUaAiDtEALw_wcB
It's a perfect match electrically.
As for any good....(some) people speak highly of linear PSUs.
I've got a decent little DAC and amp / speakers analytical enough to hear any differences.....so I experimented, replacing the switched mode with a linear PSU and then with the cleanest, smoothest DC supply, from a battery.
Though I expected to, I heard no difference.
Come back and let us know what you find if you go for that Triax.

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
It's a perfect match electrically.
As for any good....(some) people speak highly of linear PSUs.
I've got a decent little DAC and amp / speakers analytical enough to hear any differences.....so I experimented, replacing the switched mode with a linear PSU and then with the cleanest, smoothest DC supply, from a battery.
Though I expected to, I heard no difference.
Come back and let us know what you find if you go for that Triax.
Thanks, interesting stuff.. I got in touch with the manufacturer and heres their reply..
Sorry, but as audio equipment is not our field of expertise, I do not know the answer, (this power supply is designed to power an IRS system which distributes TV and Satellite signals).
So yeah, they have no idea about low noise, ect.. I was also looking at IFI ipower, which is not linear, but nevertheless.. Otherwise Topping who made the DAC ofer one for nearly 100 wuid which is a bit pricey..

Gray

Thanks, interesting stuff.. I got in touch with the manufacturer and heres their reply..
Sorry, but as audio equipment is not our field of expertise, I do not know the answer, (this power supply is designed to power an IRS system which distributes TV and Satellite signals).
So yeah, they have no idea about low noise, ect.. I was also looking at IFI ipower, which is not linear, but nevertheless.. Otherwise Topping who made the DAC ofer one for nearly 100 wuid which is a bit pricey..
If you think £100 is pricey (it is to me too by the way), have a quick look at this video.
I've watched quite a few of this bloke's videos. I like him, some of the stuff he says makes a lot of sense. I haven't watched all of this one yet, but he, understandably, starts off a bit sceptical about the price of this linear PSU. If nothing else, it proves that they're not all built to the same standard:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9oDgwbJCs8

If battery DC made no difference to me, I certainly won't be buying any expensive mains dropper.

Reactions: k77stan

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
If you think £100 is pricey (it is to me too by the way), have a quick look at this video.
I've watched quite a few of this bloke's videos. I like him, some of the stuff he says makes a lot of sense. I haven't watched all of this one yet, but he, understandably, starts off a bit sceptical about the price of this linear PSU. If nothing else, it proves that they're not all built to the same standard:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9oDgwbJCs8

If battery DC made no difference to me, I certainly won't be buying any expensive mains dropper.
I meant that 100 for a psu is a bit pricy since i only paid 160 for the dac, though pleasantly surprised by how good it is for the money.. Will watch it defo, thanks 👍

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 188533

Topping is good stuff. I've got a D30 and will get a D50S at some point. I actually almost just bought one to pair with my new SMSL SP200 but the Aune X1S measures just as well and was on sale so I went with that instead.

The reviews I've seen with the D50/D50S say there's no audible difference with the Topping P50 linear power supply.

Reactions: k77stan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts