Triangle Borea BR03

HectorReborn

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
I can't wait to get mine, been on backorder for a few weeks, but they had absolutely glowing reviews from YouTube channels I trust, and they're cheap! I had the Kef LS50s but they made my ears bleed after like 45 mins so I had to get rid of em. I hear the Bro3s are warm and easy to listen to yet detailed at the same time. And I also hear they have a 'different' and 'unique' sound that's very appealing and fun to listen to. So, again, I can't wait.

scene

I can't wait to get mine, been on backorder for a few weeks, but they had absolutely glowing reviews from YouTube channels I trust, and they're cheap! I had the Kef LS50s but they made my ears bleed after like 45 mins so I had to get rid of em. I hear the Bro3s are warm and easy to listen to yet detailed at the same time. And I also hear they have a 'different' and 'unique' sound that's very appealing and fun to listen to. So, again, I can't wait.
Look forward to hearing what you think of them - especially as your buying "blind" (deaf?? - i.e. not demoed them first).

HectorReborn

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
I agree it's somewhat of a risk to buy deaf/blind (lol), but they have a 30 day return if I don't like them, so it's kind of minimal. But the reviews have told me a lot of characteristics that appeal to me, mainly the soft dome tweeter as opposed to metal (metal kills my ears and gives me fatigue) and that separation and vocals are strong, which is what im searching for. And at $550 if they're as good as they're hyped up to be, then it's a steal

scene

I agree it's somewhat of a risk to buy deaf/blind (lol), but they have a 30 day return if I don't like them, so it's kind of minimal. But the reviews have told me a lot of characteristics that appeal to me, mainly the soft dome tweeter as opposed to metal (metal kills my ears and gives me fatigue) and that separation and vocals are strong, which is what im searching for. And at $550 if they're as good as they're hyped up to be, then it's a steal
30 day return is good, I wish more suppliers did that. Gives you a chance to really see (hear :p ) if they work with your set up, and in your setting.

Look forward to hearing your.opinion of them.

lycanthrope

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
Does anyone have a view on their use of untreated paper for the woofer cone, particularly the longevity? I looked up the warranty and it specifically excludes issues related to humidity . . . only 2 years cover too.

scene

Does anyone have a view on their use of untreated paper for the woofer cone, particularly the longevity? I looked up the warranty and it specifically excludes issues related to humidity . . . only 2 years cover too.
Water is not the friend of paper cones. Treated ones are more resistant, and the edges of cones on PA systems are doped to extend their lives. Doping is also done round the edge of a cone to act as damping as well, which has stops "cry" when you get extraneous vibrations from sustained higher pitched notes. Untreated paper gives a less coloured sound and as it is less dense than treated paper gives better response (less lossy). So yes - I'd avoid putting the boreas in you bathroom, and placement in a kitchen is probably something to think twice about. But they're not going to breakdown unless they get properly damp or wet - which means their response will probably be the least of your considerations.

They come with a 2yr warranty - so did my Q3020i. Registering them online upped that to 5yrs. Triangle seem to offer this if you register online as well...

Reactions: lycanthrope

Petros

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi there.
Did you finally buy them?
Since i prefer a warn sounding speaker with sweet mids , should i buy them?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts