trevor79! power question

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi Trevor - I have a new clearer audio mains cable to try. it has standard IEC connection, but my exising cable has space for only two pins (not three). I'm working from the manual, rather than the actual amp, but it appears to be the same shape.

I take it it simply means my amp's power cord isn't earthed, and it should be okay, but wanted to see if you knew of any other reason it would be that way.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi, yes it sounds like a figure of eight connection, or a three pin IEC one into the Amp.

Either way the live and neutral wires go into the amp and they feed into the transformer coming out with DC power to both rails with a center tap.

The amp is designed to work like this, so nothing for you to be concerned about, unless you don't have a plug on the end that fits!

In that case get it replaced.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I had a feeling your response would confuse me (I'm a bit clueless on physics!).

It seems I have an IEC type cable (rather than figure 8) already, but it only accepts two-pins (presume live/neutral) but the clearer audio cable has slots for three pins - are you saying that should be fine? (I promise not to hold you liable!!).

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Good morning

Now I'm confused. He he

If the plug fits the socket on the back of the Amp just plug it in, it will be fine.

Hope you hear a good difference.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:Hi Trevor - I have a new clearer audio mains cable to try. it has standard IEC connection, but my exising cable has space for only two pins (not three). I'm working from the manual, rather than the actual amp, but it appears to be the same shape.

I take it it simply means my amp's power cord isn't earthed, and it should be okay, but wanted to see if you knew of any other reason it would be that way.

Thanks

Hello Big Aura,

Yes the Standard IEC will be ok. Your amplifier is 'double insulated' which means it simply does not need to be earthed. Our Standard IEC plug will fit without any problems but the earth pin is obviously not utilised.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Darren

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts