transferring songs from external hard drive to NAS

Dan.m

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
I currently have itunes songs (lossless) stored on my maxtor external hard drive connected to a PC. I share this folder with my lap top so I have a more mobile music 'base'. However, i am going to purchase a sonos mainly for the multiroom flexibility and new sonos controller! Rather than have my PC turned on just to play music, i am thinking of a NAS

1) Can i transfer or 'dump' my music library/folders to the NAS without having to burn my CD collection?

2) Any suggestions on NAS? AVA 3 looks good but expensive - what about theBuffalo's, Would the quailty of music reproduction vary using different NAS assuming music is lossless. I assume it is the DAC in the sonos units (or external DAC) that control this.

A

Anonymous

Any Nas will do, most have usb connections to allow you to connect external drives. I used a qnpa and its sync'ing feature built in allowed me to keep the data (music in your case) on the external drive updated with the NAS and vice versa.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Well I can recommend Netgear ReadynasDuo , got this a couple weeks ago and currently copying (FLAC) CD's to it via EAC , Its seems great easy to setup / add second * (I've got RD2150) - Resonably quiet , pretty compact 5/5

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts