Transfering files from Humax PVR to another device

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it possible to transfer a file from the HHD on the Humax PVR to another device ie laptop? Ive connected my laptop to the Humax via the ethernet lead but this does not appear to be an option so whats the ethernet connection for? I didn't really want to bring my dvd recorder/dvd player through from another room as I suppose as a last resort it could be done this way (scart lead from Humax to dvd rec then burn to dvd then put disk into laptop then burn disk onto drive of laptop), surely with this bit of it there is a better way of doing it? Any ideas? Thanks Paul.

daveh75

I believe you can do it via usb port, although some programmes are encrypted by the broadcaster so wont playback on other devices. I've not tried it myself so could't tell you how to go about doing it,but IIRC there is a thread on the digital spy forums on how to do it!

A

Anonymous

You can connect a USB Pen Drive or an external Hard Drive by connecting them to one of the USB ports, and transfer files that way. I use a 650 gig Western Digital Hard Drive that powers down when you put the PVR on standby. That way I can then disconnect it and use it with my Laptop.

HD programmes broadcast by BBC won't transfer as they are copyright protected, but I've not had a problem with any other programme. Some series, like Time Team, will all have the same title on the Humax, and if you want to rename the file I've found it best to do so after transfer to the external Hard Drive. Some files won't transfer after renaming.

Large files, won't transfer either as the system doesn't support it, so feature films are generally impossibe to transfer, but I've only tried once or twice as I'm not particularly interested in keeping films.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts