Totem Arros + Rega Dac + Rega Brio-R???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Are the totem arros a good match for the rega dac and the rega brio-R?

I don't like the rega speakers too much. A little too lean for my tastes.

Could be a tricky one to answer: it's unlikely that any have heard the Rega and Totems together. Based on my experience, the Arro are some of the most exciting, funfilled speaker I've heard - this is with the Pulse, though.

How that'll translate with Rega equipment, I've no idea.

Have noticed on your sig Naim XS. Totem and Naim sounds like a corking combo.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi MoData,

I had a Naim Nait 3 with Arros briefly (+ CD5i) and they were really nice combo.

The Arros are very thin and hence easy to topple which with a cat (and now toddler) a no no.

The sound is very revealing, fast and quite something, especially for the size.

I had a very reflective room + Nait 3 so swapped for Spendor s5/e back then.

Fond memories.

Ambrose

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking of putting together a system for the study. Will move the rega dac into the study, maybe with the brio-R and the arros that worked well in that space powered by the nait xs.

In the main room (very reflective indeed), I'll have the nait xs, with ?? speakers (maybe the hawks that I'll demo this week) and not sure what source.

Also getting a TT. Not sure if that should go into the study or the living area. With a toddler, probably in the study with the brio-R.

A

Anonymous

I can't say for Brio-r, but 2 weeks ago with Brio3 the Arrows did sound much better to my ears then RS3. But it did raise a question, will I get fatigue for long listening session (a little forward?).

I did not investigate further since what I'm really looking for is the Brio-r. The store didn't had it in stock that week.

Please keep sharing your experience for that study. I'll do the same if I can manage to hear the -R.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts