admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good evening,

Using the first generation Linn Classik with modest Uniks in the corners, it could better but I am content with this as a bedroom system.

The livingroom is another question, my girlfriend and I agree the Linn Classik 2008 is an elegant product, out production cause Linn decide to stop manufacturing CD-playback components.

Something I can understand but with a sense of regret, now my question: I own B&W CM1 speakers, connected with my Classik very detailled but not loud and spacious, in a mood I bought Germans ALR Jordan Classic 2 speakers, they use metal cones, totaly different from Kevlar, in my opinion the Jordans have more bite and attack, good for heavy stuff but again in my opinion not smooth enough for chamber music.

I do also own Katans, less detailled in comparition to the B&W's and smoother than the Jordans who are a bit cheap-looking.

So far the Katan is the best compagnion but his lowoutput could be more precise, now I am very interesting in Totems Arro,

I bought my speakers over a period of 5 years, all have strongs and weaknesses. Could the Totem Arro with CLassik 2008 give a satisfying

result for many years. I do not special listen to audiophile music, but very various.

Kind Regards,

Nic73

A

Anonymous

Thx,

my dealer sells naim and linn, totem is rather difficult to sell in Belgium he told me, maybe he could order it on special request but that's risky , Belgium is known as a B&W-country.

When I bought the Classik, I intend to use it with my Katans, maybe Naim was a better choice.

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Nic,

I haven't heard the Totem Arro's. But, I was quite interested in them for their size and I was also keen on a single box system like Linn or Arcam and was planning to combine these. But, most of the places on net suggest that the Arro's are a difficult load to drive. Infact, they were suggesting that its more difficult to drive that its bigger brothers. So, I am not sure if Linn's will do a good job. But this is based on reading. If you need to special order a pair then it might be tough. If you are looking for miniature floorstanders I found another choice Leema Xone - just a centimetre wider and 2 cm deeper are the xones over the arro's. They will present a more easy load given they are 6ohms over the 4ohms of arro's. Also, currently they are selling at a discounted price of 850 pounds compared to 1850 pounds while Totem's are priced quite higher in UK. Also, you can consider some small monitor's. Infact for that price of Totems I would suggest to look at Harbeth P3-ESR or at a lesser price the Proac Tablette Ref 8 Sig.

A

Anonymous

They are amazing speakers.

Great soundstage, good deep tuneful bass you wouldn't expect. They're not seismic but if space is an issue they are a perfect solution.

Great treble. I run mine with cyrus monoblocs.

Highly recommended. Great value second hand.

A

Anonymous

Gopi:
Nic,

I haven't heard the Totem Arro's. But, I was quite interested in them for their size and I was also keen on a single box system like Linn or Arcam and was planning to combine these. But, most of the places on net suggest that the Arro's are a difficult load to drive. Infact, they were suggesting that its more difficult to drive that its bigger brothers. So, I am not sure if Linn's will do a good job. But this is based on reading. If you need to special order a pair then it might be tough. If you are looking for miniature floorstanders I found another choice Leema Xone - just a centimetre wider and 2 cm deeper are the xones over the arro's. They will present a more easy load given they are 6ohms over the 4ohms of arro's. Also, currently they are selling at a discounted price of 850 pounds compared to 1850 pounds while Totem's are priced quite higher in UK. Also, you can consider some small monitor's. Infact for that price of Totems I would suggest to look at Harbeth P3-ESR or at a lesser price the Proac Tablette Ref 8 Sig.

Bit puzzled here. You haven't heard the Arros but seem ready to condemn them and suggest alternatives which I presume you have heard?

Anyway, my feeling on the Arros, and I heard them being driven by a Nait 5i, rated at 50w into 8 ohm, was that they're a speaker which would get swamped in a large room, hardly surprising given their size, but in a small room would be an excellent option as they are good sounding speakers. They're never going to raise the roof, but they will go as loud as most would require.

Gopi

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh,

Guilty as charged. I was about to suggest Naim myself. Just providing choices and its upto them to pick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts