totally clueless?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

im pretty new to hifi and made my first step onto the hifi ladder 10 months ago and after many hours demoing i settled for the Rega Apollo and Mira 3 combo along with a pair of Bowers and Wilkins cm1s.

I have had many hours of fine listening and has reignited my passion for music. But now i find myself wanting to add to the system.....im thinking of maybe going down the streaming route if thats the right terminoligy!!!! but have to admit i have no idea how to go about this and what i would need to get me set up. I have access to itunes via my home desktop etc.

any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The easiest route, would be to add a DAC in the system to link your Pc to the hi-fi and thereby using your Pc as a source.

To cut out the Pc you could use a streaming music player, such as Logitech Squeezebox connected wirelessly or wired to a NAS (network hard drive) and this would then connect to your amp directly, or via an additional DAC for improved sound quality (The Squeezebox has its own integral DAC).

The merit of an additional DAC to the Squeezebox is really dependant on your existing system quality and the quality of the source material, ie the music files themselves. Its a bit of a shame to feed high resolution files through a basic setup and conversely its a bit pointless playing a 128Kbps mp3 through a high end setup.

I'm sure others will be along soon to help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts