Toslink Connectors

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Looks like it should be right to me. I have found some connectors when using digital optical can be a little loose though - the one on the XBox 360 TV lead being particularly bad for this for example - one little jolt and it falls out.

A

Anonymous

hhhhmmm thanks prof. If they're the right ones I now have an issue as I've just set my 606 up with an optical feed from my 50pz81 the only in/out at present (I'm waiting to order the new Panny Blu-ray when in stock). However I'm now not sure if I've missed something on the set up or whether my optical cable is simply loose at the back of the TV as I can't get the Amp to output the sound from the TV. I ran through the quick setup and removed all assignments and added opt1 as Game/TV, and tried to set it auto detect (although I'm not sure how you tell if it's set). But no joy. May have to take it back off the wall at the weekend and test it holding the cables in.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I have the panasonic TH-46PZ81 & the onkyo 606, & connected it via a QED optical cable & it works just fine.

There is nothing to adjust on the TV, my cable fits tightly, if yours is loose it could be the toslink cable causing the problem, have you tried a different cable.

A

Anonymous

No, have the TV wall mounted so it's a two man job to get it down so would have to wait until the weekend. Do you have a link to your QED cable?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
rjackson37:No, have the TV wall mounted so it's a two man job to get it down so would have to wait until the weekend. Do you have a link to your QED cable?

Sorry i don't have a link, but i ordered mine from the superfi website.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Apologise for my above posts, mine worked straight away without adjusting anything.

I have since found out if you press vierra link on the remote control home cinema comes up & you can then adjust between audio from the tv or home cinema.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS