Toshiba HDXE1 HD PLAYER

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone out there know how to tell if the Toshiba HDXE1 HD-DVD PLAYER has received the firmware updates which would allow it to cope with 24fps...

I read that they would have been applied in September, but how would a consumer know...? Is there a suffix/prefix added to the model number...?

A

Anonymous

Last word I had from a Toshiba spokesman (about a week ago) was that he had a Beta version of the 24fps update on disc he was about to send over to me. The day after, he phoned and said he wasn't going to bother - partially because of the postal strike, partially because it was about to 'go live' for download. Each new iteration of software receives a new code, just like PC software (eg 1.93, that sort of thing), but it isn't especially clear, I'll agree: I think I must have mistakenly downloaded the same firmware into my player three times, each time believing it was the new, latest version. Still, we know it's happening, and we know it's not far off, so tell you what: we'll post a story up in News when we know the new firmware has been released (and when we're sure it works OK!).

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info,

After reading some more about the Toshiba I realized it could be connected to the internet, so maybe I will go ahead and but it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts