Toshiba 37z3030db versus Panasonic tx-37lzd70

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering purchasing either the Toshiba 37z3030db or the Panasonic tx-37lzd70 LCD TV's. I have seen a number of reviews on the Panasonic which generally are favorable, but do not know if the Toshiba is rated well and how it compares to the Panasonic. If you are aware of the ratings and comparisons of these 2 models I would appreciate your input. Thank you.

A

Anonymous

This mag did a mini review in the current issue of the 37z3030d and gave it 3 start, the Panasonic was given 5 stars ....... dont know if the B on the end of the model number makes a difference

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the info, I will check the latest magazine. Not much info out there on the Toshiba 37z3030db model thus the questions. One site noted the Tosh had a 91% rating compared to 92% for the Panasonic, although I am concerned that most TV's rated seemed to have pretty high ratings making it hard to distinguish on that site. 3 stars vs. 5 stars in Hi Fi suggests there are some significant differences. Any other comments would be appreciated by all.

A

Anonymous

From what i've been reading the downpoints of these screens are....

Panasonic only takes 1080p input over HDMI, component is limited to 1080i and vga to 1024x768.

The toshiba doesn't have this limitation, but it has image-lag of about 85ms, so not as great for gaming.

A

Anonymous

Just a point of clarification about the Panasonic screen.

The VGA input is limited to 1366*768.

Whilst its true that the component input is limited to 1080i, my son hooks his xBox 360 premium to it and the picture is superb and there are no signs of motion blur at all, i think that you would be hard pushed to notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p on this anyway.

A

Anonymous

As long as the television has a decent deinterlacer, 1080i ought to look the same as 1080p. You'll also find that unless you're talking about hd dvd movies through the external drive on the Xbox 360 most content is going to be upscaled anyway.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts