Tonearm re-wiring

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Anyone got an experience with re-wiring tonearms?

My other half has an old BSR Ultra all-in-one TT and someone/thing has chomped through the tonearm wiring just beyond the end of the arm, so I need to replace it.

I'm not talking about just replacing the short headshell leads, I need to replace the entire wire from the back of the cartridge (including the pins, ideally pre-soldered), all the way through to the point it's soldered onto the terminals inside the unit under the TT (so that end needs to be bare wire), probably about a metre or so. This is a 5 wire job, it appears to include an earth wire of some sort.

I've tried a bit of googlage but all I'm getting is Rega replacing wiring, which is no good and I'm not spending hundreds on it, I don't particularly want to even spend 20 quid if I'm honest, I'm just trying to get it going again so she can ruin some records on it and stop bothering me about it (she has a Project Debut II, so I don't know what the fuss is about really).

Any ideas?

Paul.

Apparently, you can open up the chord from an old computer mouse. It has four very thin cables of high quality copper, and supposidly sounds pretty good. Nice and low mass. I wouldn't usually sudgest such a thing on this forum for fear of retribution, but you don't sound too attached to the TT!

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Here go The_Lhc, rewiring kit: eBay no. 181043519393

Wont break the bank, cardas type I believe? I looked here when I was considering a re wire or new arm?

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts