Toeing in

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've just toed my Dalis in significantly

And it wasn't a good thing. Music seemed very bright and uninvolving. They are now back in their rightful place and sounding unbelievably better

Phew!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:I've just toed my Dalis in significantly

And it wasn't a good thing. Music seemed very bright and uninvolving. They are now back in their rightful place and sounding unbelievably better

Phew!

Mine are toed in slightly. And better for it. I guess it depends on how far they are apart, and the distance from listeing position, rather than anything else eh?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
About 3m apart and like an equilateral triangle, slightly toed in, perfect.

Toed in so that they point towards you is a definite no-no.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Similar. Mine are 290cm from outside edge to outside edge, 270cm from listening position, and just ever so slightly toed in.
(and in free space with the nearest wall being the back one 77 cm)
I have messed about with straight forward, toed in toward me, and toed out. I settled on toed in about 10 degrees.

A

Anonymous

My Dynaudio Audience 72SEs are not toed in at all (and they're a similar size/design to the Ikon 6 by the look of it) and they produce much better sound staging this way. I think Dynaudio actually advise not to toe in, so goes to show all speakers are different.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Dali also advise straight down the room but my room is too small for that really so I toe them in slightly and it works well

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
thfcwestlower:My Dynaudio Audience 72SEs are not toed in at all (and they're a similar size/design to the Ikon 6 by the look of it) and they produce much better sound staging this way. I think Dynaudio actually advise not to toe in, so goes to show all speakers are different.

don't know about your 72 se but the manual with my audience 42's and the focus 110's i have on demo advise considerable toe in.

which is good otherwise i'd have way too much bass in my room, mine are almost pointing straight at me. 2 metres apart, 2.5 metres from my listening position.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts