To repair or change ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I would like some help ?

Having built my system for a few years using WHFas a guideI was happy with most of my kit adding a sony mini disc but only using it for copying for the car . The Arcam 73 has played up not picking up disc & when it dose its skips then spits out the disc or just sounds very scratchy & crackerly ,Having had an old missoncd player for a long time am finding it hard to understan why my cd unit ihas not lasted very long . So do I repair it or repace ? .

Firstly, did you purchase the 73T from a dealer? Was it brand new or ex-dem? In other words is it under warranty?

Regardless of warranty let a retailer have a look and get an assessment on whether it's repairable or not. When I demo'd a 73T I found it to have similar problems. I mentioned it to the dealer he said it was a transport deficiency. But clearly there is a problem, try using a cd disc cleaner which you insert into the machine.

I am quite a big fan of Arcam and its unusual to experience problems of this nature, hence why I asked whether it was new or dem model.

Wishing you all best

PP

A

Anonymous

It was new & its out of warranty .

Have tried a cleaner but still the same

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Always worth taking it back to the dealer where you bought it to see what they can do. They may offer to repair for a cheaper price or offer a reasonable p/ex.

A

Anonymous

Will do that i think hope its just the trans port ?.

Can you get them to self fit ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts