To Bi-Amp or not? Kef R100s with Arcam Solo Movie 5.1

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
:quest: I've had a major change from using my Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 as a 5.1 system to instead just wanting the best stereo I can get with my new Kef R100 speakers. The Kef's have only had maybe 20 hours use so far so they are not properly run in yet. They are currently connected using QED Silver Anniversary XT is a single wire configuration. I was planning to upgrade to either Atlas Hyper 2.0 or 3.0 speaker cables. But then I noticed my Arcam Solo Movie has the option for me to convert the now unused Surround Channels to instead Bi-Amp the front stereo instead. I have never Bi-Amped or Bi-Wired before. So my question to anyone reading this is do you think Bi-Amping & Bi-Wiring will bring significant sonic benefits. The financial implication is the cost of the cabling, which could be about £150+. Lastly if going down this route is recommended which combination of Atlas Hyper cables would you recommend (they do 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 and a dedicated Bi-Wire which I'm not sure what this consists of)? Or if it is worth doing, would you recommend different speaker cables? Thanks, Stuart

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts