Time I said hello

Rupert

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I registered on the forum at the beginning of the month and promptly forgot my manners by going straight for a post re internet radio and streaming stuff .. apologies!

I've always appreciated good equipment but never really had the funds or the environment to thoroughly indulge myself. I still maintain a trusty Marantz PM7200 amplifier but I've recently upgraded my AV corner to include a new Smart TV, an HDD/Blu-ray recorder/player and a CD/DVD/Blu-ray player (all Panasonic). Although I spend more time watching things late at night with my 30-year old Sennheiser HD250 cans on, I do still have a pair of Heybrook speakers set up. They were re-coned about four years ago, but haven't seen much use since then, so you could say they're still bedding in.

As well as a peripheral interest in things audio/visual, I am a keen hobbyist photographer. I retired five years ago from a life in medical /surgical sales & marketing, glad to leave that rat race (and my laptop and my mobile phone) far behind me! I don't have (nor do I embrace) any of the modern 'smart' technology. I love rock and blues music and I still dabble with an acoustic six string guitar and a four string acoustic bass. I'm 65 now, but in my twenties I played bass in a band (we called them 'groups' back then) for a few years!

It's good to be a member of this forum at last (I've often visited in the past) and I'm hoping among other things that there may be some helpful souls on here to help me out occasionally, should the need arise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts