Time for me to leave the forum, it used to be fun...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Good luck to all in your searches for information, satisfaction and amusement. Of late, threads have been tiresome and I have now pretty much learnt all I need to know. Special thanks to Andrew and Claire, both have helped me many times in my quest for a good system.

My name is Warren and I am an Audiophile. I haven't listened to a poor system in three years.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails said:
Special thanks to Andrew and Claire, both have helped me many times in my quest for a good system.

We'll be here when you need us - and hopefully with a more fixed Forum that will make it easier for everyone to post. :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks also for your responses to my queries.

No need to "go". All forums go through cyclical peaks and troughs and there will always be new kit to create interest.... also new comedians to wind up!

roger06 said:
Never really understood why people 'leave' a forum. If you get bored of it just check in less often...

D

Deleted member 2457

Don't go mate, i really like your posts, just do like Roger said, post abit less then in the future you will probably want to post more again. Make sure you do Fantasy football again next season, i am hoping to be able to pick some Norwich players.

Another one of the first posters and characters. I met him once and he's a nice guy. Thaiman rarely appears on here, likewise DJKRIME. Many of the older posters have now left, and with exception of JD and Chebby, we are a dying breed.

Can someone please 'spring clean' a Pioneer Plasma?

scene

plastic penguin said:
Another one of the first posters and characters. I met him once and he's a nice guy. Thaiman rarely appears on here, likewise DJKRIME. Many of the older posters have now left, and with exception of JD and Chebby, we are a dying breed.

:D A truly special thread - brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!

scene

Actually - you can't go yet! I want to know how well the Dell Zino HD worked out - having got the newer version of mine, I was wondering what it was like for playback and how quiet it was...

scene said:
plastic penguin said:

:D A truly special thread - brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!

SWYDT

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails said:
My name is Warren and I am an Audiophile. I haven't listened to a poor system in three years.

I completely understand where your coming from. Shame to see you go, but hey - its only a forum (I think a lot of people forget that)

For what its worth - I enjoyed reading your posts :)

Rik

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Also think it's a shame - hope you do come back (I did) - just try and keep away from the digital threads and it becomes a lot more enjoyable again
smiley-laughing.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I lurked about here before I got round to joining, and always enjoyed your enthusiasm and contribution.

Even though we have not spoken, I wish you well.

SLÁN

Cno

A

Anonymous

Gerrard I don't post so often but I do pop in most days to see what is going on. It's less stressful when just visiting!
You will be missed all the best.
Nick

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
The OP is obviously not going, otherwise why start a new thread to announce it? He'd just stop posting. I reckon it's a popularity check. :D
smiley-kiss.gif
smiley-wink.gif

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm still around PP just pop-in far less nowdays for a few reasons but mainly find 90% of "new" topics are merely subjects that have been previously covered in some depth on the forums.

But for me the main reason I don't post much is my main interest is AV rather than Hi-Fi and IMHO the whole TV market currently is of little interest to me as I feel all this 3D is being forced upon us rather than being desired buy us. Also I find the constant "Settings for my new TV" threads sad as every AV-aholic I've ever met has always been prepaired to put in the personal time and effort to get the most out of their system rather than simply turning to settings they find on the web, yet when you try to explain why this is not the way to do it your advice falls upon deaf ears
smiley-frown.gif

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails said:
... I have now pretty much learnt all I need to know.

It's arguable as to whether someone who spends £38/m on speaker cable, and (probably) knows very little about room acoustics has learnt all they need to know...

T

the record spot

plastic penguin said:
Many of the older posters have now left, and with exception of JD and Chebby, we are a dying breed.

Ahem...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts