Tight bass for small room [PICTURE INCLUDED]

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
2myt10g.jpg

I'm looking hard hitting loudspeakers for small room full of stuff. By hard hitting, I mean powerful, yet tight and accuracy bass. You can see my room above. My listening position is about 1m from speakers.

I thought long for Cerwin-vega 12"-15", but maybe it's waste of money and volume for my case...
smiley-undecided.gif
I just don't want to be disappointed. I want pure kick for trance. But they would be good, when I move to my own house.

Good Hz-range would be from min 40hZ to 20kHz. But the lower it hits, the better it is.

Sometimes, I like to listen classical music from game/movie soundtracks, so I appreciate the accuracy of mids/highs too. However, the main purpose is electronic dance-music.

My max budget is 1000 euros for passive speakers. If they are active, and good for bigger room too, it's 1500 euros.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I would try the Pioneer S-DJ08's - they are perfect for your requirements. Designed for nearfield monitoring they really kick it out. They are an active deisgn with 170w to the bass and 70w to the top.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I am pretty sure. I have my set in a smaller room for my decks and the bass performance is very strong. They are fast and tight with plenty of kick - the Cerwins have plenty of bass but in my experience it is really slow. I have been playing dance music for ages and have tried a whole host of speakers along the way. So far these are the best. They are quick enough and accurate enough to mix on and loud enough when hammering it.

A

Anonymous

Hello, Can you swap your bench and tv positions and maybe get a better sound in your room ?

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
FATS 2828 said:
Hello, Can you swap your bench and tv positions and maybe get a better sound in your room ?

That's not an opinion 'cause of the sloped ceiling. I can't sawp anything in my room
smiley-yell.gif

Anyway, any other opinions alongside Pioneer S-DJ08?

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for those so far, waiting for more...

What's the difference between 3-way and 2-way speakers in accuracy/frequency response/loudness?

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
No 3-way speakers can produce as clean bass as 2-way? Doesn't 2-way lack power?

I have heard Mission have good speakers.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
A speaker's maximum SPL, or loudness if you prefer, is not directly related to whether it's 2- or 3-way.

Speakers with large bass-drivers (eight inches or more) are often three-way because large cones are less able to cleanly reproduce the mid-range frequencies. But even that's not an unbreakable rule.

Also, I'm not sure it's true that 3-way systems don't produce clean bass. As always, the sound quality of any speaker is mainly down to quality of design and far less related to the size or number of drive-units, While there are many (loads!) of two-way speakers with good clean bass, it could be just as easily argued that you'll only ever get the best bass from a driver solely devoted to the job, rather than one which has to try to hit everything from 40Hz to 2kHz or so. I don't believe that to be the case either, but it's no less-valid an argument.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts