THX Onyx is an MQA-supporting USB DAC promising quality music on the go

NHL99

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site

BrianRostron

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Marketing department interfering, not from the engineering team.
Yes, I suspect you are correct. That said, when you consider that the primary function of THX is as a quality assurance service for audio equipment, it is not a good look.

None of this has any implications for the quality of actual product itself of course.

NHL99

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
THX Onyx warning.png

Using Audirvana with Qobuz to listen. The warning high volume is for real. Do not, repeat do not, put on the headphones and then start the music. Your eardrums will not survive!

The difficult part of some source material is dissected by the DAC/amp into what was recorded, I guess high quality can be said also. Fun factor is available when listening, definitely better than the DragonFly Red, now sold, which I couldn't separate from the MacBook built-in DAC.

Spotify isn't ideal for the DAC/amp, elevated low frequencies and one can hear that the streaming quality isn't top notch. CD-quality is necessary, however, then it sings!

Works with Raspberry Pi also, using it as DAC streamer. Compared to the hideous prices for some of the alternatives, this is a bargain.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts