Thinking on B&W 684/683 for my Denon DRA-700

paramecium

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm just trying to enter hifi world with my limited knowledge.

I have Denon DRA-700 and planning to buy B&W 683 or 684. My room is 30m². I'll play 70's to 90's pop, classic rock and lots of classic music.

What do you think about their harmony?

Thanks for your helps.

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it this model?

http://audiotrends.com.au/Denon_DRA_700AE_Black.html?action=viewProduct&itemId=488

What is your budget?

Preference for warm/neutral/bright?

Room size?

How loud do you typically listen?

Best option in my opinion if you plan to buy new is to take the denon to a hifi store, try a few different speakers and then ask for a home demo of the ones you like and keep the one you like the best.

If you're willing to look second hand there's currently a pair of monitor audio gr60's on ebay between the price of 684 and 683, which I imagine would outperform the entry level b&w's but the amp may start to struggle at that level.

To answer your question I think it would be ok but wait for someone more knowledgeable to confirm/go experiment in a hifi store.

matthewpiano

I would say definitely audition before buying. I used to have B&W 685s with my PMA720AE. They were very detailed and produced a big bold sound, but were very tiring to listen to over longer periods with the Denon amp. I find my Dali Zensor 3s much more natural sounding.

I would suggest auditioning the 684s and 683s with your amp and comparing them with the Dali Zensor 5s and/or 7s and maybe some KEF Q500s as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts