Thinking of a change

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all i'm currently thinking of changing current set up. I went the Cyrus route a few years ago and currently have a 8secd with a pre and 2 mono x's powering my PMC ob1i's (which are excellent). Although i really like my Cyrus i would like a CD player that would play a track when ask and not have to play the last track then skip to the first to start an album.

So

1st. Is the CDXte transport more reliable or will it also play only perfect CD's.

2nd. If i were to move away from Cyrus what should i consider to go with my pmc's, whether a pre power combo or intergrated with a cdp to match. I would prefer to keep it a one make system just for ease of use and keeping the remote count down. I mainly listen to cds, sometimes ipod if i can't find what i'm after.

Thanks

SteveR750

Have you thought about setting up a PC to stream lossless?

Excellent way to discover how good streaming can be compared to CD replay. Personally I am no fan of Cyrus unless its mono x'ed up, though the CD6SE I had was pretty good until the PC replaced it.

A

Anonymous

Have stayed away from the streaming side of things. I prefer just to put the disc in and play. keeps it simple for the wife as well.

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a suggestion, cheap and unusual, but possibly worth considering as I had all Cyrus before changing my Pre-amp. I changed it as I found the sound fatiguing though, my CD player has done me well.

Get a good second hand or ex demo Quad CD player and pre-amp, keep the mono X's.

I use a Quad 44 pre with Cyrus SmartPower's in mono mode, amazing sound.

If getting older kit its very cheap, and if you don't like it its easy to sell on or part-ex!

You will need to get some cables from Quad if you get a pre-amp that old for it to sound its best though.

A

Anonymous

|Is that with Cds that are slightly less than perfect (scratched). My 8se struggles with anything less than perfect. Are Naim or Leema CDP more forgiving of scratched CDs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts